Getting to North Stradbroke Island ("Straddie")
North Stradbroke Island is located about 1.5 - 2 hrs (inclusive of vehicle ferry/water taxi travel time) from the
centre of Brisbane or the Gold Coast. It is easily accessed by Vehicle Ferry or Water Taxis from Toondah Harbour at
the mainland coastal settlement of Cleveland.
Getting to N. Stradbroke Island from Brisbane International Airport by Car
- A variety of rental car companies have locations in and close to Brisbane Airport
- Take the Gateway Bridge toll way heading towards the Gold Coast. Turn left at the Cleveland exit and follow Old
Cleveland road through Capalaba to Cleveland. Continue to the N. Stradbroke Island Ferry Terminal located at Toonday
Harbour on Moreton Bay.
Getting to Cleveland Ferry Terminal by Public Transport
- Train from Brisbane to Cleveland. Regular Bus services meet passengers at the train station to transport to the
- By Bus from Brisbane, Gold Coast and surrounding districts.
Getting to N. Stradbroke Island from the Mainland (Cleveland)
A number of vehicle/passenger Ferry lines and water Taxis operate regulary between the mainland settlement of Cleveland
(at Toondah Harbour) and the North Stradbroke Island settlement of Dunwich. Bookings are advisable for vehicle/passenger
ferries especially during peak Australian holiday periods. For timetables and other details check out:
Vehicle and Passenger Ferries
Water Taxis/Other Passenger Services
Getting from Dunwich to Point Lookout
- By Car - follow the road to Point Lookout (approx 20 mins) from Dunwich Ferry terminal. At Point Lookout go past
the Stradbroke Hotel (Pub) entrance located on the left hand side of the hill. Continue past this road (approx 200m)
and turn right into Booran St. Follow Booran St up the hill and turn left into Galeen St over the crest of the hill.
The Driveway entrance to "C~shack" is the first driveway on the left at 16 Galeen St.
- By Bus - Catch one of the buses from the Ferry Terminal or Water Taxi at Dunwich to Point Lookout. Disembark past
the Stradbroke Hotel (Pub) at the bus stop closest to the Booran St (on the right). Follow Booran St up the hill
and turn left into Galeen St over the crest of the hill. The Driveway entrance to "C~shack" is the first
driveway on the left at 16 Galeen St.
- By Taxi - Arrange pickup from Dunwich Ferry Terminal or Water Taxi from one of the following Taxi services: Stradbroke
Cab Service direct: 0408 193 685 or 07 3209 9800. Yellow Cabs: 0417 001 124
Street Level Map
Let me zoom in >>